Cook County Republican Party Chairman Sean M. Morrison and the Cook County Republican Party leadership are pleased to announce the following candidate vacancies have been filled for the upcoming November 2016 General Election.
Those candidates are as follows:
▪ 3rd Congressional District: Ken J. McGraw, Jr., Homer Glen
▪ 5th Congressional District: Vince Kober, Chicago
▪ 7th Congressional District: Jeffrey A. Leef, River Forest
▪ 22nd State Senate District: Tracy Smodilla, Bartlett
▪ 43rd State Representative District: Richard Evans, Elgin
▪ 44th State Representative District: Katy Dolan Baumer, Streamwood
▪ 58th State Representative District: Martin (Marty) Blumenthal, Highland Park
“We’re pleased to have candidates eager to step up to the challenge and there’s no doubt it is a tough task taking on entrenched politicians, but it’s important to give voters a clear choice at the ballot box,” stated Chairman Morrison.
Interested candidates submitted their credentials for consideration to the Republican Committeemen within each district. The committeemen within each district convened meetings where the candidates’ credentials were reviewed and selections to fill the vacancies were made.